- RSS Channel Showcase 9256506
- RSS Channel Showcase 9240467
- RSS Channel Showcase 3571458
- RSS Channel Showcase 7337226
Articles on this Page
- 12/12/13--08:25: _The Truth about Bit...
- 12/12/13--08:41: _Bitcoin and Intrins...
- 12/13/13--10:18: _Bitcoin’s rehab wil...
- 12/16/13--09:04: _G. Edward Griffin o...
- 12/26/13--08:10: _A Trip Through The ...
- 12/27/13--11:35: _What is in store fo...
- 12/29/13--17:38: _Everyone Who Believ...
- 01/05/14--14:49: _Bitcoins and Federa...
- 01/08/14--08:30: _Bitcoin: The Sexies...
- 01/20/14--11:10: _New Report Details ...
- 02/28/14--09:12: _Federal Reserve adm...
- 08/06/14--06:30: _Gold Bugs Versus Bi...
- 08/06/14--06:38: _Whistleblower: Fede...
- 08/08/14--07:30: _Bitcoin News Today:...
- 08/12/14--06:23: _Banks Issue Bitcoin...
- 08/13/14--08:01: _Singapore’s Monetar...
- 09/01/14--07:14: _Establishment vs bi...
- 09/18/14--07:07: _BitBeat: Boston Fed...
- 10/09/14--07:30: _BITCOIN PRICE AND T...
- 10/30/14--10:08: _GREENSPAN: QE Has N...
- 12/12/13--08:25: The Truth about Bitcoin and Alternative Currencies
- 12/12/13--08:41: Bitcoin and Intrinsic Value: a Layman’s Response to Alan Greenspan
- 12/13/13--10:18: Bitcoin’s rehab will ultimately determine its true value
- 12/16/13--09:04: G. Edward Griffin on Bitcoin & The Federal Reserve
- 12/26/13--08:10: A Trip Through The Bitcoin Mines
- 12/27/13--11:35: What is in store for world currencies in 2014
- 12/29/13--17:38: Everyone Who Believes In Bitcoin Should Try To Answer This Question
- 01/05/14--14:49: Bitcoins and Federal Reserve notes: What are the differences?
- 01/08/14--08:30: Bitcoin: The Sexiest Non-Solution Of All Time?
- 01/20/14--11:10: New Report Details Bitcoin’s Potential Threat to the Federal Reserve
- 02/28/14--09:12: Federal Reserve admits it doesn’t have the authority to ban Bitcoin
- 08/06/14--06:30: Gold Bugs Versus Bitcoin Believers
- 08/08/14--07:30: Bitcoin News Today: The Odd Tale of a Report That Shocked the Fed
- 08/12/14--06:23: Banks Issue Bitcoin Report: Bitcoin Community Absent
- 09/01/14--07:14: Establishment vs bitcoin
- 09/18/14--07:07: BitBeat: Boston Fed Sees Bitcoin Flaws But Cryptocurrency Potential
- 10/09/14--07:30: BITCOIN PRICE AND THE FEDERAL RESERVE
- 10/30/14--10:08: GREENSPAN: QE Has Not Worked
feeseminars, Published on Dec 11, 2013
Bitcoin has been making headlines for months. With the price fluctuating wildly, is it really a currency, or just a scam? To find out, we have to analyze its properties.
Gold and silver give us good examples of which properties make a sound currency, and bitcoins seem to [...]
The post The Truth about Bitcoin and Alternative Currencies appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
coindesk.com / By Matt Mihaly / December 11, 2013 at 16:00 GMT
Editor’s note: Matt Mihaly, a bitcoin fan and entrepreneur, recently wrote this article in response to Alan Greenspan’s recent comments on bitcoin. Alan Greenspan is an American economist who served as Chairman of the US Federal Reserve from 1987 to [...]
The post Bitcoin and Intrinsic Value: a Layman’s Response to Alan Greenspan appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
theconversation.com / By David Glance / 13 December 2013, 12.45pm AEST
As Bitcoin’s backers push for it to become acceptable mainstream currency, its value has become increasingly tied to attempts to break the public image that it’s just a currency for cyber criminals.
It’s for this reason that every suggestion the currency is gaining acceptance [...]
The post Bitcoin’s rehab will ultimately determine its true value appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
BankersWorstFear, Published on Dec 15, 2013
The post G. Edward Griffin on Bitcoin & The Federal Reserve appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
zerohedge.com / by Tyler Durden / 12/25/2013 22:48 -0500
Once upon a time, money – in the form of precious metals – used to be literally dug out of the earth. Limitations on the amount that could be mined, and on how much growth could be borrowed from the future (all debt [...]
voiceofrussia.com / By Kirill Grishin / 26 December 2013, 19:00
Experts surveyed by the Bloomberg agency believe that during the first half of the year, the market will face an 8 percent growth of the American currency against the European. Probably, in the coming months, the dollar will be strong enough. No considerable [...]
businessinsider.com / JOE WEISENTHAL / DEC. 29, 2013, 7:47 AM
Economist Brad DeLong poses a great question about Bitcoin:
Underpinning the value of gold is that if all else fails you can use it to make pretty things. Underpinning the value of the dollar is a combination of (a) the fact that you [...]
The post Everyone Who Believes In Bitcoin Should Try To Answer This Question appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
chronicle.augusta.com / By William Beranek, Ph.D. / Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014
New forms of currencies, called virtual currencies, are competing with the U.S. dollar as mediums of exchange for transaction purposes. While miniscule in size relative to the dollar at the moment, they are growing rapidly, with the most popular U.S. version being the [...]
The post Bitcoins and Federal Reserve notes: What are the differences? appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
alt-market.com / By Brandon Smith / 08 January 2014 07:31
A few years back, at the end of 2009, I was approached on two separate occasions by people claiming to be â€œrepresentativesâ€ of a digital alternative currency format. I was, of course, intrigued by the initial proposal, being that I had been writing for some [...]
bitcoinmagazine.com / By Cathy Reisenwitz / January 10, 2014
The Congressional Research Service, aka “Congress’ Think Tank,” recently made public their report on Bitcoin, Bitcoin: Questions, Answers, and Analysis of Legal Issues. The fascinating report details in sparkling prose the history, uses, threats and regulatory implications of the world’s best-known cryptocurrency.
The post New Report Details Bitcoin’s Potential Threat to the Federal Reserve appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
siliconangle.com / By Mike Wheatley / February 28th
If Senator Joe Manchin’s call for an outright ban on Bitcoin had you worried yesterday, there’s good news in store – apparently, the Federal Reserve has no authority to do so, and indeed, it’s doubtful it could even if it did have that authority.
The post Federal Reserve admits it doesn’t have the authority to ban Bitcoin appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
news.insidebitcoins.com / August 5, 2014 – 06:45 Tuesday
NEW YORK (InsideBitcoins) — Many long time gold investors and Bitcoin fans are finding common ground over their mutual negative view of the U.S. Dollar. Quite a few enthusiasts from both camps believe that the Dollar is a disaster waiting [...]
activistpost.com / August 5, 2014
The Federal Reserve is apparently very worried about bitcoin disrupting the monetary system.
According to an alleged whistleblower’s post on Reddit, Fed governors were “highly alarmed” by internal economic modeling that showed Bitcoin has the potential to completely displace the dollar by as early as 2021 (which they called “worst [...]
moneymorning.com / DAVID ZEILER / August 7, 2014
What if some researchers for the U.S. Federal Reserve developed a report on Bitcoin that so disturbed the Fed governors that they hushed up the whole thing and disbanded the research team?
That crazy little piece of Bitcoin news recently turned up in the form of a [...]
The post Bitcoin News Today: The Odd Tale of a Report That Shocked the Fed appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
Only 30 Views – YouTube : Conference of State Bank Supervisors Public Hearing on Virtual Currencies? https://t.co/4IdtSNSipR
— Brian Cohen (@inthepixels) August 8, 2014
letstalkbitcoin.com / Brian Cohen / August 11th, 2014
Recently I took out Twitter to note my surprise that only a handful of folks have bothered to watch the “Conference of [...]
The post Banks Issue Bitcoin Report: Bitcoin Community Absent appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
cointelegraph.com / Diana Ngo / 2014-08-12 02:41 PM
On August 10, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) managing director, Ravi Menon, discussed several monetary and economical topics, including the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy, China’s growth, the global economy, and digital currencies, on [...]
The post Singapore’s Monetary Authority Managing Director: “Digital Currencies Have a Role to Play” appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
freebeer.com.au / August 31st, 2014
New York University’s Professor David Yermack spoke this week at the University of Western Australia about Bitcoin.
It’s pretty clear from his talk he’s not a Bitcoin user. It’s also pretty clear he’s loving the attention he’s getting as a result of his recent interest in [...]
blogs.wsj.com / By PAUL VIGNA and MICHAEL J. CASEY / Sep 17, 2014
-In a deep-dive report, researchers at the Federal Reserve of Boston laid out a mostly positive outlook for cryptocurrency technology, though not so much for bitcoin as it is currently designed.
In a report released earlier this month but which only [...]
The post BitBeat: Boston Fed Sees Bitcoin Flaws But Cryptocurrency Potential appeared first on The Bitcoin Channel.
cryptocoinsnews.com / Venzen Khaosan / October 9, 2014 at 1:47 pm CET
The Federal Open Market Committee has surprised markets by speaking in dovish tones about the US and the global economy. While many people expect the Fed… and we examine the implications for the economy and Bitcoin. Meanwhile, the Bitcoin Price, [...]
businessinsider.com / TYLER DURDEN, ZERO HEDGE / OCT. 29, 2014, 8:19 PM
It appears it is time for some Hillary-Clinton-esque backtracking and Liesman-esque translation of just what the former Federal Reserve Chief really meant. As The Wall [...]